This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Easy Fathers Day Fun

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Easy Fathers Day Fun

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

6.15.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Easy Fathers Day Fun

We have to celebrate Fathers day a little early this year since we won't be with daddy on Sunday.
He is going to Utah to pick up his oldest son, and I am taking my kids to Portland so that Chad can get some good quality time with his boy without all of us in the way.
The kids still wanted to do something for him, and they love to draw pictures for him...and I saw this idea on SimpleKids-it was easy, fast, cheap and a great way to let the kids do something pretty much all on their own for their dad.
So I cut up a few pieces of scrapbook paper and let them color or write messages on the back of each slip. I wrote a few things the boys wanted to say, but the rest was all them.
(By the way-all those boxes in the background are full of little girl clothes being sent to all my various nieces this week. Bittersweet, happy to get them all out of the totes and out of the garage, but sad to know, no more baby girlies for me).
Then we had a basket of little notes and drawings ready for something more......so they wrapped them around some fun size candy bars, (my hubs has quite the sweet tooth), and taped them up. Now he will have a sweet treat with each little candy bar he opens.
The kids have been practicing a little song to sing for him when he comes home from work today and they are super excited to give him this basket with all of their hard work and love inside.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Young Wife said...

What an adorable gift idea!

Tue Jun 15, 01:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so sweet (and I don't just mean the chocolate!).

Tue Jun 15, 04:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen @ lil Mop Top said...

that is so cute and easy!!! great idea!

Tue Jun 15, 05:32:00 PM

 
Blogger sweetybird09 said...

That is absolutely adorable!

What Dad would not melt...with all that love!

Tue Jun 15, 07:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Leanne said...

That is so sweet. I hope you don't mind if I steal this idea from you for Father's Day. The younger kids will have so much fun with this and the older one's can think of something else. jk Oh and can you email me your mailing address so I can get the Parents Meal Planner sent out to you? leanneja@organizeyourstuffnow.com

Tue Jun 15, 08:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Ruthie said...

great Idea. Think I might steal it if you don't mind :)

Tue Jun 15, 09:41:00 PM

 
Blogger ificould said...

I love this idea! I posted a link on my blog: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2010/06/love-notes-to-dad.html

Thanks for sharing!
Missy

Tue Jun 15, 11:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Julia said...

I love that idea! There are so many ideas I've stored so I can use them when my lil guy is older.

Wed Jun 16, 08:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

That is so cute!

Fri Jun 18, 07:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home