This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Finger Puppets

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Finger Puppets

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.27.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Finger Puppets

This isn't really a tutorial, since it's pretty self explanatory.
I have been making finger puppets for my kids lately while I have been watching movies with the hubs.
My kids love them and I have made a bunch of them.
Last night I decided to make them sets that go with popular stories, fairy tales and nursery rhymes. Bekah and Topher love to re-tell stories, and they have a lot memorized.
I think this will be good to put in with their school stuff, they can make sets and props for art, read or tell from memorization the stories for reading, and perform for their siblings and us parents that will help them with their speech, drama and public speaking.
Last night I made the 3 little pigs and a funny looking wolf, but the kids love him so it's all good. They are so easy to make with just some felt and a needle and thread. I hand sew them all, so I can do it while watching movies, but you could easily make up a bunch on your machine and I'm sure it would go faster. The pigs eyes are just some green embroidery floss, but everything else are just tiny scraps of felt.
My kids now want Jack & Jill & the characters from Jack & the Beanstalk.
I want to make them a cute little puppet theater to hang from the school room door for performances or maybe just a little wooden puppet theater like this one, that I adore.
I need to figure out how they would be able to change out backdrops easily though since that is their favorite part-making a bunch of different scenes.
Any ideas?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

The book "Bend the Rules Sewing" by Amy Karol has directions for a puppet theater. I don't have the book in front of me to confirm this, but I think the backdrop is on a curtain rod, which would make it not too hard to switch out scenery. Hee hee hee, this reminds me of when they do the play with goats & shepherds in the Sound of Music!

Tue Apr 27, 03:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Oh I love these!!

Tue Apr 27, 03:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

I just got featured on this site today with my puppet theater.
http://cheepideas.com/2010/04/diy-puppets-and-theaters/
she has has done a wonderful job of compiling lots of others too along with different kinds of puppets. You might want to check it out

Tue Apr 27, 05:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Denise said...

A tension rod should work pretty well. Cute puppets!
Happy Tuesday:)

Tue Apr 27, 07:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

These are too cute! I love that you modeled them off of a nursery rhyme!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Tue Apr 27, 09:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home