This Page

has been moved to new address

Can you Help?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Can you Help?

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.30.2010

Can you Help?

This is my mom and her friends training for a 1/2 marathon that they will be doing this weekend. I am so proud of my mom, I can honestly say that I never thought that she would do anything like this in her life. But she is, and she's ready. She's doing it for this. She has had 2 of her step brothers die from cancer in the last couple of years and my dad died from cancer about 5 years ago. This is a very important cause for her and our family.
She had to raise so much money by this weekend, and she is just a couple hundred shy of her goal. Is anyone out there able to help her reach her goal? Anything would help-even a dollar. She would be forever grateful, as would those benefiting from this great cause.
Thanks so much!


Get Adobe Flash player

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane@Little House of Projects said...

Definitely! My husband's mother died of lymphoma when he was 19. She had been sick a long time. He walked across the stage to get his high school diploma and then brought it to the hospital to show it to her. He was the last child at home so he was the caregiver at the end. I never got to meet her but I will forever be in her debt for raising such a wonderful son.

Fri Apr 30, 06:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Magic Brush said...

I just ran MY first half marathon last month! The link is here if she'd maybe want to see my blog post on it!

http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2010/04/131-reasons-why-i-ran-half-marthon-last.html

Her reason for running it is so much better than mine. I'm so sorry that she has lost many loved ones! She will do awesome!!!!!

Blessings, Jennifer

Fri Apr 30, 06:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

Thank you Jane!!! I'm so moved by your donation! Thank you!

Fri Apr 30, 06:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Denise said...

What a wonderful accomplishment for your mother! Wish I could help with more than just words:)
Good Luck to her &
Happy Friday!

Fri Apr 30, 11:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck! It is hard to raise money.
I am trying on my blog...Tough :)
This is a great thing your Mom is doing :)
Since i am here a lot, i wanted you to know about my give away on my blog and i don't want you to miss it. I will not Link my party to other party :)
XOXO

Sat May 01, 04:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Hi There!
I recently added a Link Party Directory to my blog site, Tools Are For Women Too!, listing just over 100 link parties. I made sure that Making The World Cuter was included. Here is the link http://toolsareforwomentoo.blogspot.com/p/link-parties.html Please take a look at it when you have time and link back to me somehow ,if possible. Thank you. Rory

Sun May 02, 12:58:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home