This Page

has been moved to new address

Blog Swap; Our Soft Spot

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Blog Swap; Our Soft Spot

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.02.2010

Blog Swap; Our Soft Spot

I am way excited to introduce Leslie from Our Soft Spot today! She has such fun ideas and does all sorts of things to make the world cuter each day!

Hey there...

I am so pumped to blog swap with Tiffany - it's my first blog swap. Ever. Please be kind. ;)

I'm relatively new to the blog world and still learning. My blog, Our Soft Spot, began in August 2009 as a way to document our new home and activities. My hubs is a USMC pilot {and also my high school sweets} and I am super duper fortunate to stay home with our boys - Bubba and Little Red - who I may just rename Piranha due to recent events involving his chompers and my fingers... Ouch!

I love photography - I was on the receiving end of the best Mother's Day gift ever... a Nikon D60 - and through my amateur attempts you can join me as I create Pottery Barn inspired number art for Bubba...


Number Board2


and transform our old kitchen table to the farmhouse table of my dreams...

Old Kitchen Table




New Kitchen Table



or try my hand at coffee cozies...



coffee cozy


We could even get organized together with one of my recent projects, Chalkboard Tags...










I fell in love with the idea of Chalkboard Tags through... what else? Pottery Barn Kids. Loved the idea but couldn't justify the price tag. I searched for something similar, but affordable and when I came up with NADA there was no other choice but to make them myself.

Armed with materials...

3.8.10 Chipboard3.8.10 Spray Paint

3.8.10 Ribbon3.8.10 Modge Podge

3.8.10 Chalkboard Ink

... and scrapbook paper.

I spray painted the chipboard rectangles with Krylon Chalkboard spray paint - 2 coats w/5 minutes between the coats, let the 2nd coat dry completely, sand with a very fine grit sandpaper, and apply 1 last coat of paint.

Using the 'Podge and 2 pieces of 5" {at least} long ribbon, I attached one end of each ribbon to the back of the tag {1 layer of 'Podge, the ribbon, and another layer of 'Podge}.

3.8.10 Chalkboard Layer 2

Next, I applied a piece of scrapbook paper {cut to the size of the tag} to the back of the tag - right over the ribbons - using... you guessed it! More 'Podge.

3.8.10 Chalkboard All Together

I highly recommend getting yourself some Chalk Ink to write on the label {or any chalk board surface}. Not only does it look sharp, but it comes off with a wet wipe or even a wet paper towel.

3.8.10 Music Label

{Any ideas on how to get the permanent marker off the fabric storage box?}

Now if I could only get the boys to actually put the toys in the right boxes...




{a keeping-it-real-photo}

Can't you see this hanging from Easter baskets w/kiddos names? You'll have to picture it in your head b/c I don't have that image to show you. I'll wait while you picture it.

Back? Thx for spending part of your Friday with me! We should do it again sometime.
Thx to Tiffany for letting me invade her space! I am a big fan of Making the World Cuter!


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the numbers and the table makeover.

Those tags are great.

Don't have those chalk markers here in Ireland but will be in US this summer - what stores would I be most likely to find them in?

Fri Apr 02, 12:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Love the chalkboard tags! I'm totally going to have to make those when redo my boy's room!

Fri Apr 02, 12:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Thx for the love ladies! The chalk markers come from www.chalkink.com... it is the only place I have found them and they are soooo worth it.

Fri Apr 02, 06:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Its So Very Cheri said...

Can you send me the code for your party button and an I've been featured button--I need to add them to my new blog and I can't see them on here--maybe Google is hiding them.
Cheri
cheri@itssoverycheri.com

Sun Apr 04, 05:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home