This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Childrens Book Artwork

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Childrens Book Artwork

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.16.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Childrens Book Artwork

***Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter the giveaway for the Art Prints-there are 4 winners, so hurry and get entered!

This tutorial is really self explanatory and can show you how beautiful pictures from childrens books can be.
My sister in law put these together about 8 years ago for her sons, and then when another sister in law had her first little boy they were handed on to her. They are now in her youngest sons room mingled in with Safari animal pictures, statues and lush animal print fabrics for blankets, pillows, rugs and anything else. This room is gorgeous, and I still think my favorite part are these prints from one of my all time favorite (and I'm sure everyone else's as well) childrens books.
Some of the pictures have a bit of a glare on them, but you can still see how awesome they look. I don't know where she got all of the frames, probably from all over, but I bet most crafty people out there have a good collection of frames that you can fix up to match whatever look you are going for.
I love these, and I hope it inspires you in some way like they do me. :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Karli said...

You've certainly inspired me! Where the Wild Things Are is a favorite in our home and I am loving this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tue Mar 16, 12:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Super duper cute idea - I love the illustrations in many of the vintage Margaret Wise Brown Little Golden Books and Eloise Wilkins and....

Tue Mar 16, 02:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Jodi said...

So cute! I just did this same thing with adorable prints out of an old 70's Disney's Bambi book. I love how they turned out!!!
I love your blog :)

Tue Mar 16, 02:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Cnbztribe said...

I love it! So cute!

Tue Mar 16, 04:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen@Because I can said...

I love it! I have always wanted to do the same thing with the pictures from that book!
~Jennifer @ Because I Can

Tue Mar 16, 07:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Delia said...

Beautiful. What a great idea.

Tue Mar 16, 07:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

That idea is awesome! I'm inspired to something like that. I just not sure which book I would pick though...

Tue Mar 16, 09:50:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home