This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Sew Can Do

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Sew Can Do

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.12.2010

Friendly Friday-Sew Can Do

Today I am excited to introduce to you-Cheryl from Sew Can Do, I featured her Hair-do hats a while back-they are too funny, and would make the perfect gift for the little baldy baby girl you know-she is actually doing a giveaway for one on her blog right now, so after you are done getting to know Cheryl and all her cuteness, be sure to stop on over and enter!
(and don't forget to enter the giveaway here too!)
Take it away Cheryl!
*hugs-Tiff

Hi Everybody! I'm thrilled to be blog swapping with Tiffany today. I'm a huge fan of her blog and just love all the great stuff she's always sharing.

Here's a little info on me: I'm Cheryl from Sew Can Do. I'm a mom of 2 boys, aged 7 & 4 and a little girl, 6 months.
I also co-own an eco-friendly kid's store, Sweet Peas & Little Sprouts.
My blog is the place I share tutorials, fun projects, my own creations & our homeschooling adventures. I love making kid-friendly things that are fun, cute and easy on the budget (aka cheap).
Less than 2 years ago I could barely sew and hadn't made anything creative since around age 11, so I'm living proof that you don't need tons of free time, money or years of experience to make your own stuff.
Meeting other craft lovers through the blogging world has truly jump started my passion for crafting & now I can't stop!

Here are a few projects & tutorials I hope you'll enjoy:

Felt Doctor's Kit




Hairdo Hats




Honeymoon Bag




Baby Figure Skates




How To Hack A Baby Dress & Little Owl Dress Pattern





DIY Tootsie Roll Hearts




Today I thought I'd share a really fun & easy craft for the kids : Treasure Stones. Who doesn't like digging for treasure?

1 cup used coffee grounds
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup sand
3/4 cup water
Stuff to dig up (toys, faux jewels, coins, etc.)

Mix dry ingredients, then add water 1/4 cup at a time until a dough-like consistency.




Form into balls and make a hole. Insert a treasure and add a little more stone mix to close hole.




Put on cookie sheet. Dry 2-3 days or, if impatient (like me), put in oven on 150 degrees for 15-20 min.




Once hard, stones are ready to be cracked open by your little treasure seekers using chisels, hammers or other digging gear.




Eureka - We've found a diamond (and don't I wish it were real)!




I've always got projects in the works & I'm currently having a giveaway for one of my Hairdo Hats, so please come by Sew Can Do & check out what's new. Thanks so much for having me Tiffany!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I am so going to make those treasure stones....how awesome! My oldest son is always asking for stuff like that to play with...thanks so much for sharing!

Fri Mar 12, 08:38:00 AM

 
Blogger pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Love the hairdo hat and have been dying to try these dino stones with my own girls!!
: )
-MaryLea

Sat Mar 13, 06:13:00 PM

 
Blogger kim west said...

Love the doctor set..my kids would die for it. and the treasure stones..those are going to be a favor and a birthday party this year! So CUTE!

Sun Mar 14, 10:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those treasure stones are awesome. They would make a fantastic birthday party activity or gift for each of the party guests to take home.

Mon Mar 15, 11:59:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home