This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Towel Poncho

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Towel Poncho

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

2.23.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Towel Poncho

About 5 or 6 years ago my more than amazing sister in law had a birthday party for her son and my step son was one of the lucky invited.
It was a pool party and all the kids came home with a pair of goggles and a swim toy and one of these awesome towel poncho's.
To this day, my step-son (now 13) loves it and wears it whenever we go to the pool.

So finally I picked up some supplies and made one for my almost 4 year old, and will be making some for the other kids soon.
The supplies? One towel and one wash cloth.

First you fold your towel in half length wise.
On the fold, in the center cut a straight line big enough for your child's head to easily fit through.
Next fold your wash cloth in half.Cut it in half.Half of it will be a pocket, and half of it, cut into an initial, (you could also do a fun shape or design, but I am just doing the monogram).Next using a closed stitch, sew around the neck hole you made to keep the towel from tearing any further.
Next pin on and sew on the pocket down both sides and the bottom.
Be sure to leave the top part of the pocket the finished side of the wash cloth for a cleaner look.
Next pin on and sew on the initial.
If it wasn't February, then you could stick some goggles and a stick of sunscreen in the pocket and send them out to play by the pool. But since it is, let them wear it with their footy pajamas while they eat grapes and watch a movie.
It's the right thing to do.

Way more sophisticated than a hoodie towel for the "big" kids, and they can run and play in them after they are done swimming.



Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Wow. Quite possibly the smartest thing I have ever seen. How do I not see things like this sometimes!!! :)

Tue Feb 23, 04:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Kaysi said...

That is super cute! That's something that I could even sew! Thanks for the idea!

Tue Feb 23, 06:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

Great Idea for those older kids! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Tue Feb 23, 07:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Jerilyn said...

Yes I made these about 15 years ago for my children..the only difference, a hand towel was used, cut into strips, sewn end to end and attached to the back of the towel for a belt. I actually still have my 18 yr olds..always love when things come back around...great job ;)

Tue Feb 23, 08:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Karli said...

That's awesome! I'm totally going to make these for birthdays!

Tue Feb 23, 11:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Karli said...

That's awesome! I'm totally going to make these for birthdays!

Tue Feb 23, 11:57:00 AM

 
Blogger So Sunny Day said...

haha! I love the footie pj's and grapes while watching tv. It's so the right thing to do! True crafters don't let the seasons stop them from enjoying their crafts :) fantastic idea!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Tue Feb 23, 01:11:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The perfect time to wear a poncho towel, of course!! LOL! I love it! Really cute idea, I have to try it for my 8 yr old....(and maybe my 14 yr old :-)

Tue Feb 23, 09:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea! I might have to make one for each of my girls!

Tue Feb 23, 11:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Brilliant - a must for my girls before their next set of swimming lessons

Wed Feb 24, 02:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Ginger said...

What a great tutorial.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
His so cute in this poncho.
Amzing blog!

Sat Mar 06, 07:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Kimbuckjr said...

WOW! You're brilliant! It's absolutely AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing.

Tue May 04, 03:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

I wanted to let you know that I linked to this tutorial today. I just read Jerilyn's idea - might have to add that to these - my youngest especially would like it.

Thu Jun 24, 07:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home