This Page

has been moved to new address

Three Things Thursday-A few of my new favorite things

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Three Things Thursday-A few of my new favorite things

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.28.2010

Three Things Thursday-A few of my new favorite things

Back when my oldest was just a wee babe, I went to my sister in laws house who homeschooled her kids. Around her adorable school room was this amazing time line with everything from the Adam & Eve to the present day. I'm pretty sure the first day I saw that timeline, that was the day I decided I wanted to homeschool my kids.

History fascinates me, and to see how everything fits together like that makes me dream of the smell of freshly sharpened pencils and lined paper.

Makes me want to learn and teach my kids all of this fascinating history.

Well for my birthday, that wonderful sister in law of mine, sent me 3 of those timeline packets. One for the Old Testament, one for the Book of Mormon and one for US History.

I've got it hanging around my school room now, and it makes me giddy.
The best part about these timeline packets (there are many more, I need to own all of them) is that you can put them all on the same timeline, and then each packet has something called "History in Action" where the kids learn a little sing-song thing with actions for all of the events in each packet. They take only a couple minutes to say once you've got them memorized and then you and your kids really get to understand all of these events, and how they all fit together. Yea! (It also comes with extra b&w cards so that the kids can color them, or you can play match ups-or any number of things-they really are a great deal!)

The US History one breaks down to every 10 years so I had to put some lower than the big time line, I plan on adding my kids' pictures on this time line as well.

If you want some of these here is the website...I just love them!
Secondly, Chad and I both got some Amazon gift cards for our birthdays, and we combined them to buy the Super Mario Bros.Wii.

Does anyone else have this game?

It's kick back to Mario 3 which we loved as kids (and still love), but the best part is you can play with 4 players all at the same time. You work as a team, and the controls are simple-my three year old who just doesn't quite get the concept of video games quite yet (unless they are on the computer) has been playing any time we let him, and can actually contribute quite a lot when we play as a team.

We are really enjoying this family friendly game.
And lastly it snowed here on Sunday, which is amazing, since we have had the warmest winter ever (in fact it's all pretty much melted now) and when the kids got out of the car to go into church it was really coming down, I snapped this picture in the parking lot, and it's now my new favorite picture of them. I'm getting it blown up to put into my living room...it even matches my color scheme! What are some of your new favorite things?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim3278 said...

I love that picture. My kids are my favorite things. They are my whole world.

Thu Jan 28, 12:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Alicia said...

Great picture of your kiddos. It would made a fantastic sihouette, too. I can imagine it cut out on black paper and then a cute printed paper on the background, framed and hung, well, anywhere really. You could even do some cute stationery or thank you cards with it. :)

Thu Jan 28, 03:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

We have that Wii game too and my kids kick my trash playing it!
hehe

Thu Jan 28, 03:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Crafty Mommy Diva said...

The time line looks awesome! What a great idea. We'll have to look into getting that game soon. =D

Thu Jan 28, 04:09:00 PM

 
Blogger CamelsNDragons said...

I just did my first A Few of My Favorite Things Friday Post. It should appear tomorrow morning. Did you see my cradle? Does'nt get any cuter than that. I still can't believe that there are so many creative moms out there and that you manage to find them.
mymommymakesit

Thu Jan 28, 07:12:00 PM

 
Blogger steffany said...

Your picture is adorable, I am so impressed that you had a camera ready at just the right time!

Thu Jan 28, 08:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Did I tell you your children are GORGEOUS!!! Soo sweet holding hands there in the freezing car park so that mum can get a snap!! :D Looks too familiar to me...

Some of my fave things are:
"bright copper kettles, and whiskers on kittens..."only joking! But I do love brow paper packages tied-up with string!!! :)

At the mo, I am loving the colour red, spray paint, the power of glue gun, thifty stores and the way they smell and velcro! Can you tell what I've been doing lately?? :D

Fri Jan 29, 06:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Becca said...

um...super mario brothers for the wii is a.d.d.i.c.t.i.n.g

and i love it.

Fri Jan 29, 07:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Rebecca said...

When you say the timeline goes from Adam & Eve to the present day, did you mean that metaphorically or does it really include Adam & Eve? If so, what year does it attribute to them. Really curious here.

Fri Jan 29, 10:50:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home