This Page

has been moved to new address

(my) Three Things Thursday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: (my) Three Things Thursday

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.07.2010

(my) Three Things Thursday

My personal theme for 2010 is "To be Present."
No, I don't mean being a present...although my husband might like it if I wrapped myself up with a bow ;).
I mean being present in whatever is important, and the most important thing in my life is being with my children.
I don't want my kids to remember their mom always sitting in front of the computer, or being too busy crafting or cooking to sit down and play with them.
I have decided to say no to anything extra, (which is super hard for me), and make sure that I limit my time in front of the computer, whether with school, blogging and even checking email so that most of it is done while they are sleeping or working on projects themselves.

So for the first "Three Things Thursday" of 2010 I am going to just share a few things about my favorite three things.

Thing 1:
She will be turning 6 (SIX!!!!) next week.
She is so stinking smart, and picks everything up that I teach her within seconds, and usually ends up correcting me.
She is very apprehensive about anything that is even remotely risky.
She is a beautiful ballerina.
She is an artist, and a pretty dang talented one at that.
She is a mama's girl through and through, and will do just about anything if she thinks it will make me happy.

Thing 2:
Yup, that's flour in his hair and all over his jammies...and all over the kitchen.
Why? I don't know. Apparently neither does he.
I usually don't know with this kid, he does things all the time that make me ask why, and he just shrugs and says, "I don't know."
He has the biggest eyes on the planet, and they turn me to absolute goo.
He knows he has me wrapped around his finger. and of all my kids knows how to work me to get his way.
He is a cuddle bug, and will just curl up and get cozy for hours with me if he can.
He has a bit of a quick temper, and will freak out on a moments notice, but is always quick to say he's sorry or forgive the one who made him mad.

Thing 3:
My destroying angel.
That is a marshmallow on his face.
How is it brown?
How did one marshmallow turn into an explosion?
How is he still able to open those beautiful eyes with all that sticky goo?
He can turn anything into an absolute disaster in a matter of moments.
He has to do everything his way, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
He is a daddy's boy...if mama says no.
He is quick to laugh...especially if he just made someone cry.
He usually doesn't want anything to do with cuddling with mom or dad...unless one of his siblings is cuddling with them...and then that's all he wants to do, and wants that brother and sister far away!
He loves his binky, naps, food, cars, tools and any toy that makes noise.
He gives the best kisses and hugs.

There are my three little stinkers, so glad(most of the time) to be called their mom and get to spend all day, every day with them!
They truly make my days worthwhile and meaningful, even if it's just a lazy day in our jammies.

PS-
I'm super excited for tomorrow!
I've been working all week on a chair makeover that I am going to share on my guest post over at Burlap + Blue (love that blog!), and I can't wait to share it...and sit in it!
See ya there!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I love your 2010 theme - I just may have to steal it! What a perfect way to strive to be a better mommy and wife. Thanks for sharing!

Thu Jan 07, 06:24:00 AM

 
Blogger Kaysi said...

You are such an inspiration! That is exactly was my new years resolution is, to spend more time with my kids! I need to get off the computer and just enjoy them while they are little and still enjoy me :) Thanks for this blog
Kaysi

Thu Jan 07, 07:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Tiff,

These are beautiful, gorgeous "things" :)

You seem like a super mum!! Lucky kids to have such a talented, creative and caring mum!

I can't wait for your chair too...

Thu Jan 07, 08:29:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww that was such a sweet post. I felt like you were describing my three, in genealogical order too! I hope you get to stick to this plan. It's on my list too :D

Thu Jan 07, 05:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

Being present is a wonderful theme. My child requires that I be present and available all the time, but even so I find that there is more I can do, like play with him more. I could be MORE present, a little more interactive, perhaps.

You have three very cute little stinkers.

Thu Jan 07, 11:20:00 PM

 
Blogger Becca said...

Awe :) What a sweet, sweet post! You have such adorable children!

Wed Jan 13, 09:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home