This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Treasures for Tots

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Treasures for Tots

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.29.2010

Friendly Friday-Treasures for Tots

I am really excited that Angie from Treasures for Tots agreed to do this blog swap with me at the last minute. If you are not already a fan, you are about to be super impressed. This woman continually knocks my socks off every Monday, when she links to my party, not to mention all the awesomeness from the rest of the week!
You will love Angie as much as I do, I guarantee it.
Take it away Angie!

Oh wait, first... I am looking to fill my calendar for more Friendly Friday Features, if you are interested in doing a blog swap-contact me! Now it's all you Angie!

Hello to all of y'all at Making the World Cuter!

A HUGE thank you to Tiff for this opportunity to introduce y'all to my blog!




My name is Angie and my blog is pretty much a place where I create all kinds of different fun stuff for my Darling Little Stinker, Serenity.

At 3 years old, she of course knows
everything. Not only is she a little smarty pants, but she's very funny and totally cute! The brat has got me wrapped around every single one of her tiny little fingers!



Most of the stuff I do on my blog is with Serenity in mind. Clothing, felt foods, activities, even food! I
told you the girl has got me wrapped!

Felt foods are fast becoming an obsession with me. But I want to be able to make it as quick and easy as possible! The sewing kind is beautiful, but who has that much time? Most of my felt foods involve my totally hot glue gun. But I do a little sewing too!



Another one of my hobbies is sewing! I really enjoy sewing - even though I'm kinda slow! I kinda just learned how do any "real" sewing. A little more than 2 years ago I bought my first ebook patterns from YCMT.com. Before that, I basically only knew how to sew a straight line - and yes, it was straight 'cause that's all I could do - over and over!

Ebook patterns are so
a lot easier than traditional patterns, since they have step-by-step pictures to show you exactly how to sew each step! I've been sewing so much lately that I've gotten a little brave and came up with a couple of easy skirt patterns on my own! Emphasis on the word easy!! Nothing too complicated!

Just click on a picture to check out my Jelly Roll Skirt and my fun Twirly Tee Tutu Skirt! BTW, either one of them would be really cute for Valentine's day too!!

I'm trying to get a few Valentine's day Jelly Roll skirts listed in my Treasure for Tots Etsy store by this weekend - but for now, my store is completely bare!



I have a few yummy recipes that I share too - maybe something you never tried before?!! I'm from South Louisiana, so I just had to blog about my delicious Jambalaya recipe - I promise that you'll love it! I also show you how I make Spam Musubi! You don't know what that is? Well check it out by clicking on the picture below!



I have lots more tutorials on my blog, along with a few more recipes, a crafty party every Thursday called Thursday's Treasures where you can link up anything creative you've been doing, and GIVEAWAYS too!

In fact, come check out my blog on Saturday for a brand-new Giveaway to celebrate the Carnival season here in Houma - a delicious King Cake!

So don't forget to stop by Treasures for Tots to take a look-see around and maybe show a little love by posting a comment or two too!

Thank you Tiff for allowing me to say hello to your awesome readers!!

Have fun!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

She is SO cute! I will definitely be checking out your blog. I need some more ideas to keep my little one entertained...

Currently he is unplugging the power cord from my computer..

Sat Jan 30, 06:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Your little muse is gorgeous!! I bet everything you make for her looks smashing?! :)
I too only started sewing recently, so I can sympathise! But when you start you just can't stop, isn't it?

I am heading over to your nook to check out that jimbalaya recipe!! yuummyyyy!!!!

Great guest, Tiff!!

Sat Jan 30, 10:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

Hi Tiff,

Just to let you know I am having a fab Le Cresuset GIVEAWAY worth $66.95!!

For details go to: http://birdcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-celebration-and-le-creuset.html

And good luck!!

Sun Jan 31, 10:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Charity said...

I love her stuff, thanks for letting us get to know her more. I love your site, such a great place for inspiration.

Cha Cha

Sun Jan 31, 04:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Mag said...

My family love love love spam musubi too.... it is one of our comfort food

Mon Feb 01, 06:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home