This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-It's So Very Cheri

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-It's So Very Cheri

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.15.2010

Friendly Friday-It's So Very Cheri

Yeah! It's Friday!
That means a new friend!
Today, meet Cheri...unless you already know Cheri...then just say hi to your old friend. She has a fun tutorial on how to make an adorable knock of PB lamp...so let's get on with it shall we? Take it away Cheri my dear!


Hello there, all you
 Making the World Cuter gals.
 I am honored to be here today!
It has been fun getting to know Tiff through blogland.


First off let me tell you a little about moi.
My name is Cheri and I have a fun little blog that I get to meet the nicest people and expel all my craftiness and gather ideas through the parties I have each week.
Where can you find me having all this fun?
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com 





There are tons of changes and lots of FUN coming up in the next few weeks so stay tuned. 
I am a Home-Schooling Mom to our 2 oldest boys and then we have 2 little ones I get to run after all day.  I am still married to Prince Charming after 20 years of marriage and still crazy in love with him.  My hubby is currently in school so life is ALWAYS busy around here.
It is most quiet in the house when this is going on:

 Aren't they cute all cuddled up together in our bed.



The G-FORCE on Christmas Morning.
G-Force is the kids nickname-each of our kids names start with the letter G.
I have always been a DIY kind of gal.  Prince Charming and I both love photography and have a blog showing off some of our projects, photos and some of my Dad's art work over here: Its So Very Cheri 2 . My mom taught us to cook at an early age, and it is a good thing with a family of 6. I love trying new recipes, baking and creating. I love to find ways to save time and money but I don't want it to look like a Discount Bargain--Let's just say I'd like it to look like a Steal rather than a Deal.  I LOVE blogging and have so many plan and goals for my blog.  All of it means a funner place for all of you to come each day.


I have some new parties I am adding very soon, several new projects and fun give-a-ways coming soon. I would love to have you come by and follow along.  
I LOVE getting to know new people.


  Tiff asked me about doing the blog swap and I knew I had to do a project that would be worthy of appearing on Making the World a little Cuter.



I saw a lamp at a thrift shop and immediately my mind flashed to a post I had done showing some of my favorite things.  
You can find that post right here:
http://itssoverycheri.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-favorite-things-my-unique-interior.html

Here is one of the items I listed from Pottery Barn but the price was more than I was willing to pay.  After all it is a LAMP.  I just can't see a need to pay so much for items. I have plenty of other places my money can go.



 Isn't it so cute?  I just loved it, so I drooled all over the computer and that is never good if you want to keep your computer from shorting out.  
So when I saw this lamp I had to get it.
(Look past the fact that the lamp shade is not the right size.)
It was a mirrored glass lamp.  A lady commented on how cute it was and what a great find.  As I was checking out I saw her watching me and then she left.  I think she was just waiting to see if I put it back.

With it being mirrored glass and I wanted to paint it, the quickest and easiest way was to cover it with Modge Podge and tissue paper. 
I hope you aren't gasping, thinking I am a lunatic.

I KNOW, the lamp was cute before but I promise it is not going to look like a pumpkin in the end.

I didn't care that the tissue paper did not match, it would be painted over.

I got out my craft paints and mixed 4 colors together.  I didn't want a stark black so I mixed black, brown, gray and blue together. Then I painted over the entire lamp.


I let it dry over night and the next morning I printed off the numbers 52 in Claredon font.  

I sized it to 350 and printed them off, cut them out and Modge Podged them to my new lamp.

Then I painted over the black printers ink in a khaki.  

I dry brushed some of the gray over the 2 to give it a little more of a worn look.

Why the number 52?
I just like the shape of the numbers.
Pottery Barn had 28 and I didn't want it to be exact but it sure did come out cute and I think it is a great Knock Off.
I just love it.
(except I think I need to add some distress ink to the numbers)
So what do you think?
Does it pass?


Now I have an idea for the lampshade so watch for that project tutorial soon. 
Thanks so much Tiff for having me today.  I hope you and your girls enjoyed the tutorial.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bird said...

Tiff,

I already knew how wonderful Cheri was :D

Cheri,

This is isnpiring!!!! I had no idea you could cover the mirrored lamp like that!!! Ingenious :)

Fri Jan 15, 07:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

fantastic project, as usual, from Cheri! Guess we know what all of blogland will be on the look out for at the thrifts now, ha! Thanks for sharing!

Fri Jan 15, 08:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Weeksie50 said...

Fun! I love Pottery Barn-Copy Cats : )

Fri Jan 15, 11:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

Cheri is so talented! I love this but I do think the aged look on the numbers would be great.

Thanks so much for sharing ~

Fri Jan 15, 07:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa B. said...

What a fun post!! Cheri, the lamp looks awesome!!

Lisa B.

Fri Jan 15, 08:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Barbara Jean said...

perfectlamp for htat project!

great job.

blessings

barbara jean

PS Thanks for your viists.
I always appreciate it when you come by.

A giveaway with you in the future is a possibility. =0)

Fri Jan 15, 11:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Cheri,
Your lamp looks great! Is there nothing you can't do? I would have never seen the potential in that lamp. Keep the ideals coming and thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Sat Jan 16, 05:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Great makeover and perfect choice of number!
:) Laura

Sat Jan 16, 05:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Angie Holden said...

Great knock off!! :)

Sat Jan 16, 10:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

You did a fantastic job. You have a great eye and a huge amount of talent!

Sun Jan 17, 06:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home