This Page

has been moved to new address

Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

12.11.2009

Friendly Friday-Craft Rookie

Hi everyone! I have a special treat for you today!
Dani at Craft Rookie is here, showing us an adorable project!
I'm over there today, sharing a beanbag chair tutorial,
so make sure you come by and say hi!

Hey Crafting Pals! I'm so excited to be over here at Tiff's blog!!! She's a cutie and we've had fun corresponding back and forth about this blog swap. :)

Well, let me introduce myself. I am Dani (aka The Craft Rookie).


I graduated from Utah State University last December (has it been a whole year?!?!?), and since my husband is still working his way through the Electrical Engineering program (just one semester left!!!) I had to think of something to occupy my time while he does homework....and so my craft hobby was born. :) My "specialties" I guess you could say, are card-making and mod-podging. :) I'm not very good at sewing, but I have made a few things. :)

My blog is a mixture of tutorials, links to other crafty blogs, give-aways, and a collection of projects I'd like to try. I really enjoy blogging and hope you'll hop on over to
Craft Rookie and check it out!

Today I've brought you a quick idea of something I made for my mom for her birthday last week. My mom cooks a lot (she is the best cook ever, seriously!) and so she has a lot of aprons. Well, she had an apron hanger in her kitchen, but a few months ago she brushed past it with her shoulder and it fell on the tile and broke. So she has been needing a new one.
Enter: Dani.

So I looked all over town for one that I thought would work well....but I couldn't find anything I thought she would like, or that would match her kitchen (which is blue-ish). So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I bought a blank piece of pre-cut wood from Hobby Lobby (angels sing when I walk in there, I swear.) And I bought a cute swirly hook. I also bought sparkley cardstock stickers, and blue tole paint.

Using blue scrapbook paper, mod podge, and 1-inch foam brush, I created this:And had my dad hang it in her kitchen while I distracted her.I also gave her that cute Christmas Cupcake apron. (I know, you can say it--I'm the best daughter ever.) ;)So I don't have a tutorial for this apron hanger--I'm making so many projects right now for Christmas, give-aways, etc. that I've been forgetting to take pictures in my haste to get it all done! The good news is, this apron hanger was made just like I made THESE SIGNS at this post here, so if you need a tutorial to figure out how to make this (ie you've never used Mod Podge before) you can click HERE to see how. :)

Thanks Tiff for having me! Your blog is just great!!!! :-D
Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!Photobucket

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger steffany said...

This is such a great idea, I am loving your blog...thanks for sharing.

Sat Dec 12, 07:49:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the cutest apron holder! I totally need to make one! :)

Sat Dec 12, 09:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Bird said...

I found you blog via Kim's and I think you're awesome!

By the way, how do you manage crafts, kids, photography, etc, etc, etc? Have you got some little elfs helping you? Go on tell us your secret?! :)

I do NOT want to lose you, so I subscribed!

Thanks for making our world cuter

Sun Dec 13, 05:59:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home