This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Tutorial: Burlap Stocking Advent Calendar

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Tutorial: Burlap Stocking Advent Calendar

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

11.24.2009

Toot Toot Tuesday-Tutorial: Burlap Stocking Advent Calendar

This project...oh I am so excited about it!

I have had this rolling around in my head forever, and I think it turned out cuter than I had hoped, and that hardly ever happens!

First you will need a little more than a half yard of burlap.

I drew a stocking on a piece of paper and cut it out for a pattern. It is just a mini stocking, a little smaller than my hand.

I folded the burlap so that I could cut one whole stocking in one cut like this.Then I laid the stocking on the burlap and cut it out.
Then you will have something like this.

Then either by hand, machine (or glue gun for the non-sewer) stitch it up, leaving the top opened of course.It doesn't matter how good your sewing skills are, because you will just turn it inside out...It will turn out adorable...Then do that again 23 more times! It's not as bad as it sounds, it actually went by quite quickly.
Then if you want to embellish (and I think you do) choose some ribbon.
Use a glue gun and run a line of glue along the front of the stocking.
Then wrap your ribbon over and around your stocking and either make a loop, bow, or tie.

I did 6 of 4 different ribbons and styles...

...jingle bells
...knots
...buttons
and bows.
After the stockings were complete, I took my Fiskars circle punch and punched a bunch of brown circles.Then I inked the edges.Then I stamped numbers on the brown circles-you could use stickers, stamps or your own handwriting, my friend lent me these cute stamps and I don't know who makes them.
I found these at Michaels for about $3, and they are the exact size of the circle punch :).
Then I mod podged the number to the wooden circle.Then do a light coat over the top of the number, and let dry.On the back of the wooden circle, they are self adhesive-so handy!
Stick the circles to a wooden clothes pin.
I had to do the twenties on two circles...
Then I clipped the stocking to some jute, that I hung from the mantle.....and you're done!
Ready to fill with little treats, surprises, little slips of paper with activities or whatever!
Love it!

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Now that is tooooooo cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Tue Nov 24, 05:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Rachel Garcia said...

Those turned out super cute- they would look amazing across the stage at the ward christmas party and then the kids could grab one as they left!!

Tue Nov 24, 07:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Kenner Family said...

That is such a cute idea. I love it.

Tue Nov 24, 09:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Cute idea! I love the burlap!

XOXO
Jen

PS - I have a giveaway going for a cookie sheet calendar if you want to stop by. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tue Nov 24, 10:43:00 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

Darling! BTW, I love your family photo on your mantel!

Tue Nov 24, 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Jill@Barnes Yard said...

OH my gosh, these are SO cute! Do you KNOW how much I love burlap???
-Jill

Tue Nov 24, 12:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

They really are adorable! You ahould be very proud!

Tue Nov 24, 01:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

I love these, now off to Micheals to look for those numbers. I have been searching and searching for an advent calender to make, and I think this is the best. Thanks again. I am so excited to make this.

Tue Nov 24, 01:34:00 PM

 
Anonymous Michelle said...

Just adorable, I love it!

Tue Nov 24, 05:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness! So cute!! I just love it!! :)

Tue Nov 24, 07:25:00 PM

 
Blogger The Weathered Cottage said...

wow! that is amazing! it looks like it took forever...even though you say it didn't. great job!

Wed Nov 25, 06:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Christi said...

love it! i am making something similar and it's fun to see another burlap stocking advent calendar inspiration.

Wed Dec 02, 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Shabby Jen said...

I love those little burlap advent calendar. How cute! I am going to make one for my store. How adorable. I think I will drag the stamp pad over the clothes pins to make the clothes pins look a little aged too.
Thanks for sharing your project, I am now a follower. Won't you follow me too?

Wed Dec 02, 04:57:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore burlap (hence the name of my blog) and this is just too cute. Thanks for sharing!!

Wed Dec 02, 05:32:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my new best friend! I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEEE these!!!!!!!! I'm headed to the store RIGHT NOT to get the supplies.

Thu Dec 03, 12:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Nepperess said...

I'm over from Kimba's. I am in love. Thank you so much for sharing this adorableness!

Thu Dec 03, 09:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home