This Page

has been moved to new address

No Sedatives Required, Thank you very much!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: No Sedatives Required, Thank you very much!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

10.10.2009

No Sedatives Required, Thank you very much!

I went into the bank yesterday with my well behaved children...and Porter.

He is full of energy and a little monster in public at times because he wants to go off and explore everything instead of sitting quietly on my lap...he'll grow out of it right?

Anyway I had to go in to get a new debit card, and although the lady was nice and smiley-she said stuff that just got under my skin.

First she wanted me to get my own online banking username and password, since Chad and I both use the same one.
No big deal right?
Well the way she put it was; "We would really like to see you have your own username, just in case anything ever happened between you and Chad, and he changed his information, you would still be able to access the account."
Strike one.

I'm not dumb, I know the lady is just trying to get a sale for the day, I say no thank you, I am quite confident that I will be always be able to have access to our account.

At this point Porter wandered over to the area that Bekah and Topher were quietly playing with crayons and coloring sheets and was good for the remainder of the time we were there.

She talked to me for awhile and then got up to talk to her manager for a minute and said, "Wow I don't know how you do it with those three. Girl you don't need a debit card, you need a sedative!"

I laughed, but I thought "Why?" They were all sitting there being quiet, coloring, not bothering anyone. At least they weren't bothering me. I just found it a little odd to say at that moment.
Strike Two.

Then she came back, talked to me for 1/2 a second before someone came up and said she had a phone call from a customer who was calling from Iraq. She got up to take it, I sat there. And sat there...finally I got up to leave with my three angels because she wasn't coming back any time soon.
Strike Three.

The worst part is, that I was there for an hour and fifteen minutes the day before and no one helped me before I had to leave to pick up the kids from preschool.
Then, I was there for at least 45 minutes yesterday.

And I still don't have a debit card.

3 Comments:

Blogger L&M said...

i think you need a new bank! p.s. been meaning to call you about some ideas of homemade christmas gifts (for family)...maybe i could inspire a post?

Sat Oct 10, 03:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

Wow, um, what??? I think I'd be switching banks right about now...

Sat Oct 10, 04:13:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't people amazing? I have two little boys, 2 and 4, and I have run into the most ignorant people since I've had them! Those kind of people really need mouth filters! (Or a good slap!) I would certainly change banks!!! Good luck!!! Also...my two year old's name is Porter. He sounds like a spitting image of yours! ;)
...Summer

Sat Oct 10, 07:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home