This Page

has been moved to new address

Where's the Beef?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Where's the Beef?

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.19.2009

Where's the Beef?

...and the bread and the dairy, and the delicious treats?
They are not to be found on mine or Chad's plates this week.
That's right it's time for another detox.

You may remember a couple years ago, (in July of 07, if you want to look up the archives) that we did the Master Cleanse (aka the lemonade diet) and although horrendous and long, it worked great and did exactly what it was supposed to.
When I brought up to Chad that we should do another detox, he said something to the effect of,
"There is no way in heck I am drinking anymore of that dang lemonade."
Words have been changed to protect the eyes of my readers.
He felt pretty strongly about that to say the least.

Not that I could blame him, I don't think I could swallow one more sip of that stuff myself.
When doing that cleanse we read about doing one that allowed you to eat all fruits and vegetables and that's it.
We both thought that sounded much better!

We've been talking about doing this all summer, and kept putting it off for one more week, because we had this or that to do that week, and we didn't want to miss out on eating something delicious.

Well we finally just jumped in and started, and I'll be missing out on eating delicious treats at book club and at a girls night/baby shower at Wingers this week. Chad went fishing today and had to eat carrot sticks while his friends ate junk food. :(

Day 2 into this thing and we are both hungry and a little irritable.
At least 5 more days to go...
We committed to doing it for at least a week.
We got through the lemonade-I know we can do this too.

But if I come across a little more snappy than usual this week...
You'll know why.
I'm getting on that tutorial for the blocks...so back off!
I apologize...
It's the lack of protein, I swear.
Hugs!

4 Comments:

Blogger XO said...

I need to do one again too! Your new one sounds yummy, but I actually like the lemonade. Maybe I'll go buy some lemons and start tomorrow...

Sat Sep 19, 09:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Rachel Garcia said...

Maybe it is a good thing the guys didn't catch any fish as Chad might have eaten fresh just off the hook!

Sun Sep 20, 06:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Jessie said...

If you could do the Master Cleanse, this will be easy! haha Just tell yourself that. I used to watch the food network during cleanses, wierd, but it helped! Good luck! I cant wait to do another one but Im still nursing.

Mon Sep 21, 11:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

I'm ready hear more? lemonade what??

Mon Sep 28, 08:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home