This Page

has been moved to new address

Hang your Books Up

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Hang your Books Up

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.16.2009

Hang your Books Up

So today, I hung up my favorite book shelf again.
These shelves (I have a few of the same ones) have made it through several moves and just make me super happy when they are up.
I don't know why I am just now getting to them I've lived here for over a year...
Oh yeah, I bought them for like 3 bucks about 3 years ago.
At Home Depot.
They still have them.
They are in the rain gutter section.
Vinyl rain gutters!
Isn't that fantastic?
They wipe clean.
They are cheap.
And they are perfect for a kids bookshelf.
My favorite part is that I don't have to have a bookshelf on the floor and take up more floor space.
You can buy the caps for them to close off the ends, but I haven't ever done it.
I have seen it done though-my friend Amy made some for her kids rooms and that's where I first saw these, I think she said she saw it in some magazine or something, anyway the caps look really great and give it a more finished look.
I just haven't done it, because I think they look great without them too.
I had Chad cut the ones I bought so I could have several smaller ones, but I put a long one in my sisters baby's nursery when I went and designed it for her a while back, and it covered a whole wall. It looked really great...I grabbed this off her blog, it's not a fantastic picture, but it gives you the idea anyway.

If you are looking for a bookshelf, or small stuffed animal holder for your kids room, or even a ledge to put some big canvas prints in-these look great and are so inexpensive, you could run them around the entire room!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

My friend made some of these after seeing the one you hung in Mckayla's room, she painted hers super cute and made them all crafty, but I loved it white too!

Wed Sep 16, 06:41:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wed Sep 23, 08:37:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Thanks for the props Lady!

Wed Sep 23, 08:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home