This Page

has been moved to new address

Detoxified!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Detoxified!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.29.2009

Detoxified!

All done with the detox!
I know it's been awhile since I posted, but we finished the detox on Friday and I am super proud of us.
Neither one of us 'cheated' once.
That is will power baby!

A lot of people have asked how to do this.
For this detox-you eat fruits and vegetables.
That's it.
Mostly raw, you can steam some lightly for a change of pace, or bake them to heat them up, but you want to stick to mostly raw.
You can use a little bit of sea salt to season things, but that's about it.

You can make smoothies but with just fruits or vegetables.
The only thing you drink is filtered water or straight fruit juice or veggie juice-not from concentrate or anything else.
So unless you have a juicer, you will mostly drink water.
There are some stores that sell fresh squeezed juices, they are expensive though I'm not going to lie.

As far as expense-I didn't notice much of a difference in our food spending-it about evened out with us not buying meat and dairy.

Our kids lived on mac and cheese, peanut butter and honey and ramen noodles all week with plenty of fruits and veggies to snack on because I didn't feel like making big elaborate meals for those who don't appreciate them.

I didn't lose a lot of weight with this one, but I did lose 4 1/2 inches off of the roundest part of my stomach-getting rid of all back flab and love handles that were present.
That is something to sing about folks!
This is not really a weight loss thing, but it is a great place to start.
It mainly just gets rid of all that sluggishness that never digests properly and just sits there.
Chad on the other hand lost 10 pounds.
He didn't measure before or after, but he lost all of his little gut that he had.
He did work out in the hot sun and worked hard the whole week, so he was also a lot hungrier than I was.

If you are interested in doing a detox, there are lots of different ones on the web, and if you want to do the Master Cleanse (the lemonade diet) then I suggest you either purchase the book or check it out, so that you get the right information, and that way you can really understand what it is that the cleanse is doing. It will help you get through it.

About the basket above, we came home one night and found this on our porch from our sweet friends with a note that said "Happy Detoxing." All fresh yumminess from their garden-the tomatoes were to die for! With yummy foods to eat like these, I didn't mind this detox at all.
In fact it's been 4 days now, and I am still eating mostly fruits and veggies during the day and just watching my portions at night. Still feeling great!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa C said...

Hey congrats on finishing your cleanse without cheating! I cheated on mine...just a little bit. My cleanse was fruits and veggies, too, but it also allowed herbs and cleansing spices. I will admit, I cooked a lot of my veggies, it was the only way I could handle it. My special treat was going to Jamba Juice to get an all-fruit smoothie.

I'm trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies in our daily eating now. It not only makes me feel better, but I eat less food, too.

Wed Sep 30, 09:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home