This Page

has been moved to new address

Whole Grain Waffles

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Whole Grain Waffles

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

6.03.2009

Whole Grain Waffles

Another thing my kids are sheltered from...
White Bread.
They think that white bread is something that you can only get in Utah-because when we go to visit Grandma Mona, she always has yummy Grandma Sycamore bread.
They call it Utah bread.
Sad deprived little children, huh?
I prefer the taste of whole wheat bread anyway, and why not feed it to my kids and let them like it too?
I figure that they can have the white flour in their breadsticks and rolls and when Chad fixes breakfast it's always waffles, pancakes or french toast, (all with white flour and covered in sticky sweet syrup).
Eck.
Too much sweetness for me for breakfast, and my kids eat it up...literally.
They can put away more of those things ladled with syrup than a grown man could.
True story.
Enter my waffles.
This is what my kids get on the weekend when I wake up before Chad, and believe me, it's not hard to do that lately!
And you know what?
The kids still eat them up....still ladled with syrup, but at least it's on top of something wonderful for them right?
I'm going with yes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger L&M said...

Grandma Sycamore bread is in AZ too!! You reminded me of how excited i am to go there (AND eat the bread too)!

:)

Wed Jun 03, 10:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Perkes Family said...

We eat only whole wheat bread too. I just got a grinder a bit ago and a couple recipes for waffles and pancakes, exited to try them.

Thu Jun 04, 08:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

I'm going carb free, so those look soooo good!!!

Tue Jun 09, 05:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

I love whole grain breads...the white breads don't satisfy at all and I end up hungry all day. It's expensive, but the 100% pure maple syrup is actually a nutritious sweetner, and the flavor is so rich that you don't need to use much of it. Just in case you wanted to try...I can't stand the stuff made with corn syrup.

Tue Jun 09, 10:40:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home