This Page

has been moved to new address

Homeschool Week 1, and HELP!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Homeschool Week 1, and HELP!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

1.09.2009

Homeschool Week 1, and HELP!

We did it! We made it through week one of homeschooling and we actually enjoyed ourselves! I didn't get to go over everything I wanted to-but I let it go, because let's face it, she's doing kindergarten and first grade work and she hasn't turned 5 yet! We are starting slow, and I am trying to include Christopher in the lessons as well. We started with the short Aa sound this week and Bekah passed her spelling test easily after a couple days of practice and with math-I didn't have to do anything to teach her to add. We just added 0, 1 and 2's to just about anything and she knew it.
Her perfectionist nature came out of course when it came time for any art project or writing-and it was not unusual for her to be working well until dinner time on something. That is one of the reasons I think I feel like this is such a good fit for her-at preschool she was always rushed to move on to the next thing, when she was trying to cut perfect little circles and glue them exactly where they went, while the teacher was just trying to keep the other kids from eating the glue. So far so good. I think this will be great. Hard, but great.
Now on to the HELP part. I need your creative genius! I made these blocks-but am having some serious well writers block (my mom will laugh) at what to write on them. They are on my desk-any ideas? I need a (clean) 4 letter word and a 5 letter word, that work well together.
Then I really wanted some tall pillar black candlesticks to put on top of my media cabinet and maybe a topiary or two, I was sick of my baskets up there. Well my mom got me something better-these really great handmade wooden candlesticks that are about 3 feet tall, there's only one problem-they look lots better on my mantle. Now I have this blank space and I'm drawing a blank (again my mom will laugh at my little puns!) for what to put up there.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated-if you have pictures of something that will work, that would be immensly helpful!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

How about Chad (Heart's) Tiff

Sat Jan 10, 12:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

love first or give glory or honor

Sat Jan 10, 08:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

4 Letter words: Love, Live, Give
5 Letters: Teach, Learn, Laugh, Truth
Not very Helpful sorry..

Love your lesson plan board!

Sun Jan 11, 06:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Jaime said...

Hey good luck with your homeschooling! I am just not brave enough to do it! And I am still trying to think of somthing fun for your blocks!

Wed Jan 14, 10:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home