This Page

has been moved to new address

Apples of my Eye

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Apples of my Eye

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

9.24.2008

Apples of my Eye

I know, I know cheesy title...I'm cheesy what can I say? But this is not about cheese. It is about apples.
Anywho-We have two apple trees in the backyard that are FULL of apples and the ground around them is constantly covered in them. The trees haven't been pruned or taken care of-so there are just way too many and they are way overgrown. We will be remedying that this year-but until then we are gathering up 1000's of apples and putting them on the side of our yard in this hole that is now very full, you would never have guessed there was a hole there to begin with. It takes hours, and the kids are so done with it. Chad and I try to bribe them with treats and even money-but they are done. Most of the burden ends up in Chad's hand-singular. We have saved a couple and they actually taste really good-there are just SO many, we aren't bothering looking for the good ones, just trying to get them off the lawn. Next year we should have a pretty good harvest though-and maybe we can do some canning and be like all of you canning fools out there.

This is just a quick little snapshot I took of my kidletts today on the way out to the backyard-I don't know if I ever really thought of this door much, it's just on the side of the garage-but it is really cool. I love my house and all the quirky little things I keep finding in and about it-lots of great places for taking pictures! I will have to remember this door...

2 Comments:

Blogger A. Simpson said...

Good freak, WOMAN! Make some danged apple sauce, or apple pie, oe something. Don't waste 'em! They look too yummy!!!!
I KNOW! Send them to me!

Fri Sep 26, 09:32:00 PM

 
Blogger The Woolner Family said...

Send them to me too. I'm totally jealous (but not about all the clean up work). Applesauce, apple pie filling, apple butter, the possibilities are endless. Ever seen "Baby Boom"?

Sun Sep 28, 01:09:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home