This Page

has been moved to new address

Tommy:"Where are we going to take the deer?" Richard:"I dunno, the vet?"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Tommy:"Where are we going to take the deer?" Richard:"I dunno, the vet?"

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

8.19.2008

Tommy:"Where are we going to take the deer?" Richard:"I dunno, the vet?"

Tommy:"You don't take dead animals to the vet"

Richard:"Why not, I'd take you to the vet"

Tommy:"Yeah, I'll take you to the...um..."

Richard:"Got that?"

Tommy:"Shut up!"


I bet ya can't guess what we did yesterday! Here is where we were-nothing as far as the eye can see.

We were on our way to Utah to go to my nephews funeral and we were on Highway 140 where there is no service or towns for 200 miles, at about 1:30am when we hit the dang thing. It was a monster deer-it must have been eating rocks for dinner because it felt like we hit a brick wall. It was a doe, but a big one! Chad was honking the horn to scare them, (there were about 6 or 7 of them).

We hit it going about 65 and the airbags deployed-hurting Chad's hand. Maybe 3 cars passed us all night-at 6 am when it was light enough to see we were able to start the car and drive a little, coast a little-it took us 2 hours to go about 15 miles and luckily run into some road construction. One of the guys got on his radio and was able to send a tow truck. The nearest town was 2 hours away, so we sat and waited again, and I finally got out to see the car. That deer did some serious damage! Check it out!



I'm not sure if our car is more damaged or Chad's hand though. As I mentioned before, Chad was honking the horn when the airbags deployed and the force of it pushed his thumb all the way back. We were hoping it was just a rolled joint or something-but the x-rays we had taken today showed otherwise.


The doctor said the bone pretty much exploded in his thumb. He has to go see a surgeon in 2 days-I'll let you know how that goes.


So I won't go into the rest of the road trip story now-because it still doesn't top my bro and sis in-laws trip to Oregon last week that I need to post about! Seriously stay off the roads with us Hewletts this month-nothing but bad luck!

13 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Oh my heavens, that is quite the story!

Tue Aug 19, 09:46:00 PM

 
Blogger XO said...

Nice intro. I love Tommy Boy.

Ouch for Chad - I can't believe the damage to your car too. That's seriously crazy.

Wed Aug 20, 07:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Dustan and Micayla said...

Man...I am so glad that you are all okay!! Hope Chad feels better and hope your family is doing okay!! Good luck and be safe!

Wed Aug 20, 07:57:00 AM

 
Blogger tim and priscilla said...

that is crazy, glad you are all o.k., it is a miracle there was not more damage! i will be back on sunday so i will see you guys on monday. glad you were able to come to utah. love you all!
so...scott and suz have a funny story?

Wed Aug 20, 06:13:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

I like Chad's ring.

Fri Aug 22, 01:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Becca said...

Oh Tiff! I am so sorry!

Fri Aug 22, 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Goodman Family said...

Oh I am so sorry! What a bummer especially under the circumstances!

Tue Aug 26, 12:27:00 PM

 
Blogger Joel and Kristie said...

I'm so sorry for everything you all have been through lately! We'll pray harder!

Wed Aug 27, 10:38:00 AM

 
Blogger John and Jada McFarlane said...

You are not kidding, that is bad luck. I hope that everything turns out ok. We will keep you guys in our prayers.

Wed Aug 27, 02:32:00 PM

 
Blogger www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I am sorry to hear about Chad's thumb and the poor deer, but happy to hear that no one was seriously injured.

Sun Aug 31, 12:01:00 AM

 
Blogger The Woolner Family said...

What a day! I'm super sorry for you guys. I guess bad things come in threes (or more sometimes). At least no one was seriously injured.

Thu Sep 11, 03:19:00 PM

 
Blogger XO said...

Tiff? Helloooo? You still there?

Thu Sep 11, 08:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 17, 10:30:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home