This Page

has been moved to new address

Thanks Target, and a Confession

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Thanks Target, and a Confession

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

4.10.2008

Thanks Target, and a Confession










While sitting in the pediatricians waiting room (forever!) waiting for Christopher's well child visit, Chad and I were perusing the newspaper of things to do in Oregon for the month of April when the word FREE caught my eye. Target is sponsoring Free First Fridays at the Childrens Musuem every first Friday of the month from 5-8pm starting this month. Well it just so happenend that the next day was the first Friday of the month-so we decided to check it out. Please note in these pictures that Christopher did not have his nap, was very tired and did not feel like looking at me for a picture in the least.
The kids had a lot of fun, but there were SO many people there-Chad and I were feeling very clostraphobic. I think that place is a little crazy overcrowded on normal days-but you throw in a BUNCH of free seeking, get my kids out of the house they're driving me crazy, can't send them outside because it won't stop raining families and you've got a bit of mayhem! These families had a good reason to want to get their kids out of the house-I swear do you ever go to places like this and think you must have some of the best behaved children in the world?
Maybe I just don't like older kids-okay I know that's what it is! I REALLY don't like older kids-I know it's awful and many of you probably don't want to be my friends anymore for admitting that out loud-but they are soooo annoying! I felt like I had to keep my kids under my arms the whole time to keep them from getting trampled by the obnoxious little hellions! This is completely the reason I like OMSI so much more than this place-because they have a seperate place for the little kids that the big kids are not welcome at-of course there is the occasional parent that has to bring their older child in there because they have a younger and an older-but it just doesn't happen that much.
It's funny though-when I first got married-I just didn't like kids in general-I tried, my step kids, nieces and nephews were cute and all and sometimes funny-but most of all just overwhelming to me and I couldn't wait for them to go home. Then my sister in law had her first son-Connor, and it was then that I got baby hungry for one of my own. After I had Bekah I LOVED babies-and having Topher was no different-I have enjoyed all of their ages so far and for the most part I have loved other kids in their own age groups. Hopefully that continues and when Bekah turns 6 or 7 or so and turns into one of those big kids-I'll still like her and the other kids she associates with! I know there are some exceptions to the big kid rule-there are some older children that I can tolerate being around for more than a few minutes before I start getting itchy to get away from them-there are some really great kids in my own family who I love to pieces.
But for the most part if you are much over the age of about 5 and under the age of about 14-I'm proabably not going to like you all that much and I am going to be super protective of my kids around you, because I find you a little dirty (I know you didn't wash your hands good after you went to the bathroom!), a little annoying (honestly, have some self control around the candy dish, you could do with a LOT less sugar), and just too big to be all that cute anymore (maybe you're just going through an "awkward phase" for about 9 years).
Don't think that I like teenagers either-it's just that for the most part kids over the age of 14 think they are too cool to come to places like this and they usually ignore my kids because they are too busy looking in the mirror or at eachother.
Wow I am really not a mean person-I just would prefer to live in my own little protective bubble with my kids and the other cute, well cared for children their age would be welcome to come and play as long as they left their older siblings at home playing video games-because that's all they want to do anyway.
So maybe I am a mean person, please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way-of course if you don't want to admit it, I completely understand-I'm wondering why I just did...
***
Okay so to sum up this post-
Thanks Target for the free admission.
I don't really like the childrens musuem.
I don't like older kids.
I might have to make some new friends who do not have access to the internet or at least don't know my blog address.

6 Comments:

Blogger suz said...

Wow Tiff you must have had a really rough day at the museum. I'm sure glad you didn't let anyone know that though.
I am glad though that Connor made you love children. That made me happy. Aren't having kids the best?

Thu Apr 10, 01:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Goodman Family said...

Feel better now that you got that off your chest?

You are hilarious!!!! I had to giggle out loud!

Thu Apr 10, 02:00:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Whoa that was a long vent, but funny nonetheless. I'm invited in your family bubble right??!!

Thu Apr 10, 08:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

Do they make a prozac that's safe for pregnant women?

Sun Apr 13, 07:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

That is freakin hilarious sis' I have this secretfear that I won't like my own child when she gets to that age! I know I used to LOVE children of all ages, but I am so with you on this! They hit like 6 or 7 and with very few exceptions, drive me absolutely crazy!

Wed Apr 16, 08:46:00 AM

 
Blogger The Perkes Family said...

That was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. I do have to admit I get a little bugged by older children that don't treat my children the way I like. It's usually after I go out in public that I think to myself, "Wow, I have awesome kids." Then at home I can change my mind pretty quickly :) J/K

Thu Apr 24, 10:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home