This Page

has been moved to new address

Lucky!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Lucky!

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

3.17.2008

Lucky!

It's Saint Patricks Day today-and its got me reflecting a lot on how LUCKY I am!
I haven't written anything about little Reese because I figured most of my readers already know about her being in the hospital and are probably anxiously checking her blog a couple of times a day like I am for updates on her and her condition. For those of you who don't know her personally-she is a spunky little girl in my ward who is in my nursery class, Christophers age and has always reminded me of Christopher-how she is always getting into stuff and climbing on stuff and is just a curious little rascal. Well last week she got pnemonia and is now in the ICU. She is really sick-but the doctors are now saying she will recover, it will just take time. She has been on drugs that keep her asleep for over a week now and it has been SUCH an eye opener for me, my family and so many of my friends. Her family is doing well, they are feeling the love and prayers that have and continue to be offered in their behalf and know that everything will be okay.
Ever since this has happened I have realized just how fragile my little babies are. How easily they could be taken from me, how easily they could be in the hospital with some life threatening disease.
I have not dwelled on those thoughts though-instead I have dwelled on how precious they are, how wonderful they are and how lucky I am to have them.
I find myself not yelling at them as much-wanting to hold them longer, kiss them more, let them know how much I love them more and spend every minute with them that I can laughing and playing and just enjoying them.
One thing that Penny, Reese's mom, blogged that has really stuck with me, is that she will never say that Reese is driving her crazy again. I know that I say the my kids are driving me crazy at least a dozen times a day. I haven't said it once since-I haven't felt like they have been driving me crazy-I just feel LUCKY to have them....

4 Comments:

Blogger tim and priscilla said...

can't wait to see you guys!!! when do you get here? mona still doesn't know. let me know so i can plan to visit right away!

Tue Mar 18, 01:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

I think your children are angels. I don't say that about everyone's kids! I think you are a great mom. I can't wait for my little bundle of joy!

Tue Mar 18, 06:50:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Seriously everytime I look on the Kunz blog my heart hurts.

Tue Mar 18, 09:36:00 PM

 
Blogger XO said...

Okay, I didn't know about little reese, but now I am crying. I gotta go give ben a hug. they really are so precious, aren't they?

Tue Mar 18, 10:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home