This Page

has been moved to new address

Breathtaking Views and Yummy Food

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Breathtaking Views and Yummy Food

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

8.14.2007

Breathtaking Views and Yummy Food

Chad, one of the great thinkers of Portland...(he's thrilled about this pose!)Well most of you have heard, or read by now that Chad is a college graduate, so we went out and celebrated right last night! We went with my mom and Jim to The Chart House, which is FABULOUS! Not a restaraunt you could probably go every week, but for special occasions, this place is great. It has the most incredible view of downtown Portland and some of the yummiest food I have had, maybe ever!
The bill came to almost $200 for the 4 of us, but we didn't spare any expense, we had appetizers, (Dungeness crab stuffed mushrooms in some creamy white wine cheese sauce), my mom had soup, (lobster bisque-ohhhh my gosh, it was soooo good), the rest of us had salad, (the guys had ceaser salads and I had this incredible spinach salad prepared tableside) and all of us ordered to die for entrees, (seafood sampler plate-my mom, filet mignon-Jim, blackened snapper with crab and asparagus-me, and macadamia nut encrusted halibut with this, oh my word, you could swim in this sweet sauce of pure pleasure-Chad). We then of course ordered 2 molten lava cakes to share, which you have to order when you order dinner, because they bake them fresh for you-so they are warm and gooey and covered in ice cream and homemade chocolatey goodness sauce and crushed toffee on top-it was pretty much bliss.
I love going to places like this, dressing up and the whole bit. The service was great-it had mandatory valet parking, and when you pull up all the valet guys come running to open your door for you and just make you feel like a celebrity. The meals all come out in courses, and you have all these extra servers to bring you fresh water or drinks and silverware for every course-it is worth the money to be waited on like that for a night I think. We will definately go back, and highly recommend it to any one celebrating a birthday or anniversary or a good hair day....whatever! Me and my college graduate-how lucky am I?My awesome step dad and fabulous mom-so much fun to have a night out with just the 4 of us!

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel and Kristie said...

YEAHHHHHH Congratulations I'm soooo excited for you both, and it looks like it was a wonderful celebration!!!!

Wed Aug 15, 10:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Goodman Family said...

Congrats to Chad! How exciting and FUN to go to such a fancy place. Oh one day when we are rich we will actually get to dress up and spend $200 bucks on a meal. So jealous!

Wed Aug 15, 04:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Jessie said...

ok, so you got my attention right away with the dungeness crab stuffed mushrooms and lobster bisque, THEN, you made me even more hungry when i read about the AMAZING entrees, and i swear i could taster the lava cakes as i was reading about them!! lol

I LOVE going to fancy restaurants too! Just what you said, dressing up, good service, amazing food! YUM!

Wed Aug 15, 09:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Jessie said...

I will have to take john there when he graduates! thanks!!

Wed Aug 15, 09:07:00 PM

 
Blogger The Johnston's said...

Soo much fun! Maybe I'll surprise david and take him there for his birthday. Congrats!

Mon Aug 20, 07:22:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home