This Page

has been moved to new address

Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Chalkboard Art with Yesterday on Tuesday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Chalkboard Art with Yesterday on Tuesday

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

10.05.2010

Toot Toot Tuesday-Cute Chalkboard Art with Yesterday on Tuesday

I am on Maternity Leave from September 4th-October 12th: This post was contributed by Malia at Yesterday on Tuesday.

Hi Friends! I'm thrilled to be here guest posting for Tiffany while she's spending some precious time with her family.

My name is Malia and my blog is Yesterday on Tuesday. I got the name from my little girl who always starts a story with "Yesterday, on Tuesday..." even if it's it not Tuesday.

I'm into art, crafts, recipes, upcycling and vintage finds. I love hanging out with my family and I enjoy making stuff.

Today I'm sharing a craft with you that's simple and fun. It's perfect for your family room or kid's playroom.

Supplies Used: An 18" x 24" frame, large letter stickers (or vinyl diecut letters), adhesive chalk vinyl (cut to 18" x 24"), a piece of red felt or red cardstock, and lots of colored pencils. I found some super cheapies and I used about 72. This would also be a great project to use up some of those old colored pencils you might have.

To secure everything, I used my glue gun.

GuestPost1

Peel off your chalkboard vinyl and attach to glass or cardboard from the frame.

Guestpost2


Arrange the pencils so the colors are mixed up.


GuestPost3


Secure the pencils with a thin strip of glue.


Guestpost7

Cut a heart out of felt or paper and glue it down.

Guestpost6

Arrange the letter stickers and heart. Then "season" the chalk vinyl by using the side of a piece of chalk to rub all over the area. Wipe it clean with a damp cloth.

Guestpost9

I added a quote from my son and that was all there was to it. I know the kids will enjoy drawing their own pictures on it and the nice thing is, it's easy to change.

Guestpost11
Thanks for letting me hang out with you today! And thanks Tiffany. BIG Hug... Malia

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

This is great. I think it would make a great teacher gift.

Tue Oct 05, 05:50:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! And lots of fun!

Tue Oct 05, 06:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just the cutest idea!

Tue Oct 05, 06:24:00 AM

 
Blogger Sarah B. said...

How fun! And I agree with Jean -- it would make a great teacher gift ;)

Tue Oct 05, 10:14:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

wow..really nice blog..i love it...

keep it up... a fanatic on drawings and paintings..


be aware not to be a victim
bestessays scam


regards,
badloi

Wed Oct 06, 10:07:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home