This Page

has been moved to new address

Not your mama's cut offs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Not your mama's cut offs

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

6.03.2009

Not your mama's cut offs

I'm not the only one who wore cut off jeans as a kid right?
I wore them.
I thought they were cool.
I'm not talking cut off mid calf or even at the knee.
My cut offs were obscenely short, not unlike miss daisy dukes shorts.
Not probably the best thing to have pictures of me in as a teenager to show my kids huh?
If only I could grab my teenage self, give me a good shakin, and yell...
"You are going to have kids one day, stop wearing skanky clothes, you don't have to kiss all the boys and for crying out loud-stop sluffing school and forging notes! You are going to get caught! Try to make good choices will ya!!!!"
Wow-try to stay on point Tiff.
Back to the point.
I have been making my kids cut offs lately and not the kind that I wore.
Porter is growing like a (cute little) weed and all of his footie pj's were looking uncomfortable.
Enter mommy-scissor-hands and he is now a little (comfortable) neanderthal.
I will have to post a picture-it is funny. My other kids were always so short-I never had this problem before.
Then there is Bekah, who is getting to tall for her tights (it's about time, they are still 2-3T ha!). I have seen this done on a couple of blogs-and so I had to try it out.

Cut em off and add a flower. I opted for the yo-yo flower.
Becuase I can't crochet.
I want to learn how.
It's on my to do list.
And these are the only cut offs my girl will be wearing.
(Unless of course she is anything like me, and doesn't listen to her mother as a teenager when she yells out the door as it is slamming behind her-"You are not leaving the house like that!" and she will brattily reply-"Oh yeah?")

(Have I told you mom lately that I'm sorry for being such an absolute little snot? I know that's not the s word you would use to describe me...but this blog needs to be somewhat family friendly!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Your leggings turned out great! Super cute! I need to get some pictures of Reece wearing hers.

(Make my mom teach you how to crochet! I'm sure you would pick it up really quickly!)

Wed Jun 03, 09:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Sara said...

SO FUNNY Tiff! It sounds like we were poured from the same mold as teenagers *sigh*! My kids are in big trouble, or I am, YIKES!

Thu Jun 04, 09:00:00 AM

 
Blogger A. Simpson said...

Freakin heck! How do I love thee, let me count the ways. Why didn't we do crafty stuff together when I was there?!
By the way, quit makin the rest of us slacker moms look so bad!
No TV, Wheat all the way, making presents.....will it never end?!

Fri Jun 05, 06:06:00 AM

 
Blogger suzanne said...

I can teach you how to make a flower. Super easy and super fast.

Fri Jun 05, 07:33:00 AM

 
Blogger Becca said...

You are so awesome! I wish we lived closer and we could craft all the time!

Sat Jun 06, 07:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Julie Fox said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. You were a perfect teenager, the poster child for modesty!

Tue Jun 09, 05:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home