This Page

has been moved to new address

Tiffs preparation gone awry...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
301 moved permanently

Devils Workshop

has been moved to new address

http://www.makingtheworldcuter.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making the World Cuter: Tiffs preparation gone awry...

A blog where one woman is on a mission to make the world cuter, one kid, cupcake or crafty thing at a time.

7.07.2008

Tiffs preparation gone awry...









Thanks to the ingenuity of our son Porter he arrived today 5 weeks early. For those of you who know Tiffany and love her like I do know she is a little organized (Perhaps too organized). I am sorry for the Tiffany blog fans, but you will have to put up with my report for this post. Porter was due August 11, and we were going to have him induced on the 8th which would mean his birthday would be 08-08-08 (pretty cool-yes?). It was all planned out Zach and Ryeleigh would leave for home at the end of July and one week later ta-dah a bouncing baby boy with Grandma Julie coming for the birth and staying for a few days. Followed shortly thereafter by Grandma Mona and fam (maybe?) in the middle of August. Well Porter had enough of his moms great organization skills and decided to take matters into his own hand. Tiff woke up yesterday morning with her water broke (so she thought). So we dropped Zach and Ryeleigh off at church and took the two little ones to the hospital to make sure. They decided to keep her over night because she was leaking a lot, but they couldn't get an accurate reading. By 10 pm they decided it was broke and would watch her to weigh our options. Option one if the child is less then five weeks early fine, if he is more then he has to go to Medford (an hour away) to the hospital there. I headed home at 8 pm to put the kids to bed and try to get school work done as I knew the next day would start early. By 2am I got to bed and by 4:30 I received a call from Tiff saying they are starting her on the Pittosin and the baby was coming today. We made the 5 week cut off by 2 days. I made it to the hospital by 5:30 and Tiff was dilated to a 4-5. The previous day we received a call from Tiff's Relief Society President saying what ever they could do they would do it. Also Tiff's new friend April from the ward said she would also help. Guess what Tiff's mom could not make it until Thurs, so at 10 I called April, but she had a doctors appointment. Tiff was dilated to an 8 and fully effaced. April (bless her heart) called Shaw Lynn (spelling, sorry) the Relief Society President and she called and said she would be there in ten minutes to pick up Topher, and Bekah. Within that time frame Tiff pushed once and out came Porter Samuel Hewlett at 10:45 am 6 lbs .4 oz and 18 3/4 inches long. Topher was in my arms and watched the whole thing while Bekah was on the couch just chilling. Both children were stunned, but happy to see their new baby brother. Shaw Lynn was outside the door when Porter came out, she took the two kids and picked up Zach and Ryeleigh for the day. Porter is Healthy and tiny. Both him and his mother are doing great. Even though not all events can be planned perfectly as Tiff would like, she is happy he is here and even more happy the delivery was so easy for her for a change. (She may even schedule early deliveries in the future).

22 Comments:

Blogger Perkes Family said...

He is beautiful!! I am so glad that mom and baby are doing well. We miss you and love you. Jackson still asks if Bekah can come over and play.

Mon Jul 07, 09:39:00 PM

 
Blogger julie! said...

Welcome Porter! He is a handsome little guy. So tiny and perfect. Congrats Hewlett family!

Mon Jul 07, 09:50:00 PM

 
Blogger Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Mon Jul 07, 10:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

I am so glad that all is well, he is just perfect! Wish we could be there to see him. We love you guys and miss you! Congrats!

Mon Jul 07, 10:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Goodman Family said...

oh wow! What a surprise to have Porter 5 weeks early...lucky!

Congratulations! He is beautiful. Glad everything went well!

Can't wait to see more pictures.

Tue Jul 08, 09:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Dustan and Micayla said...

CONGRATS guys!! Your baby is dang cute!! Early but sounds like he is doing great--how neat and fun!!

Tue Jul 08, 01:58:00 PM

 
Blogger XO said...

How WONDERFUL that everything turned out okay and he's here! Yay! Congratulations!!!

Tue Jul 08, 02:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Kylee Clark said...

Hey congrat chad and tiff
cute cute boy and I love the name!!!
glad all is well with the baby, trust me i know if scary when they come early. Cooper was 5 weeks early and spent 8 days in NICU
No fun!!!

I ahve a blog too if ya wanna check out things goin on in goold ole Alpine

theclark2006@blogspot.com

Tue Jul 08, 02:16:00 PM

 
Blogger tim and priscilla said...

One push!!! are you kidding!!! wow, that kid was going to be a beast to deliver if he would have gone full term. that is so awesome that he is here and healthy and you look fantastic, your face is not supposed to look skinny after deliver but yours does. porter samuel, that sure is a tough name, no one will mess with him on the playground. anyways, wish i could do something to help out, but if i can, just let me know! congrats!!!

Tue Jul 08, 02:56:00 PM

 
Blogger The Johnston's said...

WOW!! That is early!! Good for you Porter. I'm hoping my baby will follow your lead, I have about 3 weeks left. Congrats you guys! He is absolutely adorable. Glad to hear that mom and Porter are doing great! Look forward to more pics of the little guy. :)

Tue Jul 08, 03:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Jessie said...

What a surpise!!! Welcome Porter to the world! You have amazing parents and cute siblings! Congrats Hewletts!

Tue Jul 08, 03:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Oh I am so happy for you and glad everything is okay. What a scare I am sure. It brought tears to my eyes thinking of you down there not knowing hardly anyone. So glad that you had someone to help you out. Yeah what a sweet baby!

Tue Jul 08, 09:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Jennie Minor said...

Congratulations! I am not going to lie I am a little jealous that he came early and that she only had 1 push! WOW! I can't believe he weighed 6lbs. Full term and he would have been HUGE!
He is a beautiful baby (like all your kids) and I am glad that mother and baby are good. Congratulations again!

Wed Jul 09, 05:01:00 AM

 
Blogger Lisa C said...

Congratulations! He's big for being so early! I have to admit, I'm jealous of your delivery. I almost couldn't get mine out! But I'm so glad he is healthy. Yay!

Wed Jul 09, 03:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Jason Young said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! What a suprise! I haven't checked in for a couple days...lots has happened :)

Congrats to the whole family!

Oh and Taylor keeps saying she wants to go to Bekah's house and play with her horse that eats food! The things they remember :)

Wed Jul 09, 09:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa said...

What the heck! thats crazy! I'm glad everything went well and that Porter didn't have any problems. What a blessing! And what a good suprise. Wish I was there to help out love your guts Miss

Thu Jul 10, 08:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Kama said...

Holy Cow! I was totally shocked when the picture of you and porter popped up...ALREADY! I am so happy that he is here and you are both doing well. I wished we lived close, 'cause I miss you dang-it! Have fun with your tiny one and we wish you the best.
Love your guts, Kam

Thu Jul 10, 09:36:00 AM

 
Blogger The Chambers Family said...

How crazy! Congratulations! We are excited for your family and so glad all is well!

Fri Jul 11, 11:35:00 AM

 
Blogger John and Jada McFarlane said...

I am so happy that everything went well. We are happy that he is here and healthy. We miss you guys and hope that everything goes well for you guys. Congratulations!!

Fri Jul 11, 11:38:00 AM

 
Blogger www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

congrats to you all!

Mon Jul 14, 09:47:00 PM

 
Blogger The Perkes Family said...

Wow! So I am a blogging slacker and haven't checked your blog in...months! Sorry! Congratulations! When I read what happened it seemed like I was having deja vu. Rex was 5 1/2 weeks early, had to stay a week in the hospital being treated for jaundice (sunglasses and all!), and he was 6 lbs 8 oz. I went early because my water broke too! Crazy how much of our experience was the same. I hated being at the hospital without Bob too. Long nights. Anyway, I have read all the blog entries since this one and it seems all is going well. I am so happy for you guys. By the way, he is one cute little guy!

Wed Aug 20, 04:00:00 PM

 
Blogger The Perkes Family said...

Wow! So I am a blogging slacker and haven't checked your blog in...months! Sorry! Congratulations! When I read what happened it seemed like I was having deja vu. Rex was 5 1/2 weeks early, had to stay a week in the hospital being treated for jaundice (sunglasses and all!), and he was 6 lbs 8 oz. I went early because my water broke too! Crazy how much of our experience was the same. I hated being at the hospital without Bob too. Long nights. Anyway, I have read all the blog entries since this one and it seems all is going well. I am so happy for you guys. By the way, he is one cute little guy!

Wed Aug 20, 04:00:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for making the world so stinkin cute!

<< Home